|Planning Services Partner Survey: CLOSED|
The Microsoft Software Assurance Planning Services Team thanks you for your continued presence in the Planning Services program. The contribution our Partner organizations make to customers and to Microsoft in this endeavor is noteworthy. In an effort to improve Partner an Customer satisfaction with Planning Services and effectiveness in driving deployment, we request that you take the following survey (24 questions, majority multiple choice):
The objective of the survey is to capture insights on how effective Planning Services is in helping Partners drive deployment business for you and your customers. This survey is aimed at all partner roles; whether delivery consultant, business decision maker, or operational role, your feedback is very important to us and Microsoft thanks you in advance for your time.
|Microsoft Competency Changes|
Make sure to keep in-the-know on your Microsoft competencies!
With many products releasing this year it’s important to keep up on the latest technology. The Microsoft Partner Network Competency Roadmap provides the details on the latest general program and competency changes for the 2013 fiscal year. This is your resource to help ensure you will be in compliance by your next renewal date.
Two updates that may impact Planning Services partners:
- The Desktop competency has been renamed to the Devices and Deployment competencyand now has technical training and sales material on Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013, devices, and Microsoft System Center 2012.
- The Portals and Collaboration, Content Management, and Search competencies have merged to form the new Collaboration and Content competency.
|Two New PoCs Coming Soon|
Deliver the new Windows 8 and Office 365 ProPlus PoCs.
Desktop Deployment Planning Services is now offering two new Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements:
The Office 365 ProPlus PoC Engagement
is a three-day Proof of Concept engagement providing the Office 365 ProPlus service in a customer’s environment, for up to 25 users. Designed as a structured experience, the ProPlus PoC exposes customer IT teams to the enterprise features of Office 365 ProPlus. The experience includes establishing an Office Telemetry collection process to prepare them for future migration activities and the deployment of ProPlus to the PoC users.
The Windows 8 Core Poc Engagement
is a comprehensive 10/15-day engagement to address the core capabilities needed to deploy a modern business desktop based on Windows 8. Use this offering to help identify needs and capabilities through a set of requirements gathering workshops, to create vision and scoping documentation, and to help reinforce objectives and key performance indicators.
Updated deployment planning materials including a 2013 delivery guide, presentations, and guidance is scheduled to follow shortly after and should be made available by late December.
|Planning Services Re-enrollment Deadline (for DDPS, L&EDPS, and SDPS) Extended to September 30, 2012 |
The Planning Services partner enrollment process for Software Assurance Desktop Deployment Planning Services (DDPS), Lync and Exchange Deployment Planning Services (L&EDPS), and SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS) has moved to the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) platform. All DDPS, L&EDPS, and SDPS partners are required to re-enroll on the Microsoft Partner Network by September 30th to be in program compliance and continue to deliver and get paid for customer engagements (reserve and redeem).
The re-enrollment deadline has been extended to September 30th to provide more time to help you get your organization in compliance. Please re-enroll in your Planning Service programs before the end of the month to continue delivering Planning Services to your customers.
- If you are not yet a member, enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network.
- Make sure your organization has the required competency for the Planning Services type(s) you deliver.
- Sign into the Microsoft Partner Network and re-enroll in Planning Services, selecting the relevant Planning Services type(s). The enrollment automatically checks for the required competency. Note: You must be a Microsoft Partner Network global administrator to enroll your organization. Complete this action by September 30, 2012.
If your organization has the required competency, you will still need to re-enroll in Planning Services via the Microsoft Partner Network. Learn more on the Planning Services parner portal
. If you need help migrating to the Microsoft Partner Network, please contact your Regional Service Center
or the Planning Services team.
The Software Assurance Planning Services Team
|ACTION REQUIRED: DDPS, SDPS, and L&EDPS Partners must Re-enroll into Planning Services on Microsoft Partner Network by End of August 2012 |
Partner Enrollment Now Open for DDPS, SDPS, and L&EDPS Now Through Microsoft Partner Network (MPN)
Important: All DDPS, SDPS, and L&EDPS partners are required to re-enroll in Planning Services to continue to deliver and get paid for Planning Services engagements as partner enrollment for these offerings has transitioned to the Microsoft partner platform. You must be an active Microsoft partner network member and have the required competency to enroll through the MPN platform.
Your enrollment enables the ability to reserve and get paid for engagements. Re-enroll in Planning Services on the Microsoft partner platform immediately to continue to reserve and redeem engagements. All partners must transition by the end of August 2012 to continue to deliver DDPS, SDPS, and L&EDPS engagements.
- If you’re not yet a member, enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network.
- Obtain the required competency for the Planning Services type(s) you deliver. The Microsoft partner platform will automatically check for the required competency.
- Sign into the Microsoft partner network and enroll in Planning Services by accepting the Planning Services Agreement and selecting relevant the Planning Services type(s) – the enrollment tool automatically checks for the required competency.
- You will need to enroll on the Microsoft partner network before you can reserve or redeem Planning Services days (including those in process). Deadline to complete the above is August 31, 2012.
The following Planning Services offerings will continue to provide enrollment through the Planning Services Partner Portal: Public Cloud, Windows Azure Planning Services (AZDPS); Developer Tools Deployment Planning Services (DTDPS); Private Cloud Deployment Planning Services (PVDPS); SQL Server Deployment Planning Services (SSDPS).
Take advantage of being part of the Microsoft Partner Network program
Microsoft silver and gold competencies help partners demonstrate their expertise by aligning to customers’ needs and making certifications more recognizable to prospective customers. Earning a competency enables partners to capitalize on benefits tailored to specific business objectives. Learn more by reading the Value of Earning a Microsoft Competency Guide.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com